Hosting a screening of Girl Rising is one way that campus organizations and committed students and faculty members around the world can raise awareness about why educating girls matters to all of us.
Girl Rising premieres in theaters on March 6, 2013 and is available for campus screenings from that day forward. The campus screening option has been set up specially so that students nationally and internationally can access the film in an academic context for a discounted price.
To bring Girl Rising to your campus here are some steps, tips, and resources to help promote your screening. Let’s get started.
1. HOST A CAMPUS SCREENING
- Choose a date and time anytime after our premiere on March 6, 2013.
- Book an on-campus venue.
- Request a campus screening!
- When you register, you’ll be able to complete your payment and secure the DVD for $350. (This licensing fee covers our small distribution cost and the rest goes directly to the 10×10 Fund for Girls Education which benefits our NGO partners.)
- Publicize your event to the student body using our promotional materials.
For more details feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. RAISE AWARENESS
- Share Girl Rising and Girl Rising background materials.
- Write an article in your campus newspaper on girls’ education, Girl Rising, or Girl Rising.
- Share the Girl Rising trailer with your campus community.
- Use our social media templates to promote your screening and support the cause.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Share your stories online (write to email@example.com, tag “10×10 – Girl Rising” on Facebook or @10x10act on Twitter.)
3. TAKE ACTION
- Promote the Girl Rising Campaign call-to-action – donate to the 10×10 Fund For Girls’ Education.
- Give opening/closing remarks on the Girl Rising campaign and Girl Rising film.
- Distribute handouts on the Girl Rising Campaign for Girls Education and Girl Rising.
- Host or join a Girl Rising Book Club.
- Mount a photography exhibition on your campus using our photos.
- Intern with Girl Rising – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start a Girl Up Club.
- Host an event with Room to Read.
- Start a project to increase access to education for girls with Circle of Women.
- Learn about human rights and girls’ education with Girls’ Learn International’s curriculum.