Girl Rising began with a fundamental question: Is there a way to end extreme poverty around the world? What we learned was simple – when you educate a girl, you can break cycles of poverty in just one generation.
Here are some ways to take action today:
Want a meaningful way to make a difference? We created the 10×10 Fund for Girls’ Education to make impact where it matters. Donations are distributed evenly among our non-profit partners who all operate girls’ education initiatives around the world. They include A New Day Cambodia, CARE USA, GirlUp – United Nations Foundation, Partners in Health, Plan International USA, Room to Read, and World Vision.
- Donate online or by mail:
P.O. Box 29903, San Francisco, CA 94129-0903
Payable to: Tides Foundation — Memo: 10×10 Fund
- Make a gift to the fund and ask 10 friends to match you
We can do amazing things when we work together. First, join the Girl Rising campaign to get involved in creating long-term change for girls’ education. Then, check out how to make a big impact:
- Host a screening. You can bring Girl Rising to your city, school, corporation, or anywhere in the world. Learn how here.
- Become a Campus Leader. We’ve got 3 great ways to bring the power of the Girl Rising campaign to your campus. Check these out here.
- Share the trailer
- Join and encourage your friends to join our 10×10 – Girl Rising Facebook Page
- Tweet this message to spread the word: ”9 girls in 9 countries. All on a quest for an education. Watch them triumph in the film #GirlRising. See it now: girlrising.com”
- Share your impressions of Girl Rising with Girl Rising
- Share an interesting news article from our Notable Press page
We want to hear from you. You’re a leader in the movement, share your ideas with us so we can all act together.